25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving Pdf
Download 25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving Pdf book free online – from 25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving Pdf book; 25 Scrumptious Pies & Desserts for Thanksgiving and Beyond By Mr. Food
Piled-High Apple Pie
There’s nothing more all-American than an apple pie baking in the oven. Tempt your family with the comforting aromas of this easy from-scratch Test Kitchen favorite.
3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar,
1 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon,
8 baking apples, peeled, cored and
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter,
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, flour, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, remaining 3/4 cup
sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; toss to coat apples well.
- Unfold 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing crust firmly against plate. Pour
apple mixture into crust then place remaining pie crust over mixture. Trim and pinch edges
together to seal, fluting if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
- Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter and brush over top of crust then sprinkle with sugar
- Bake on a baking sheet for 45 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden.
Notes Baking the pie on a baking sheet minimizes oven cleanup if the pie should happen
to bubble up out of the crust.
Perfect Pecan Pie
Nothing compares to traditional pecan pie. Our easy version will rival anything you can bring home from the
bakery. Made with wholesome ingredients and