Sushi By Stephanie Alexander Pdf
Here you can download Sushi By Stephanie Alexander Pdf book free online – from Sushi By Stephanie Alexander Pdf book; to get the ingredients simply download Source: Squarespace
What to do:
- Prepare all of the ingredients based on the instructions in the ingredients list.
- Rinse the rice under running water and drain well.
- Place rice and water in the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 12–15 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked rice in the large bowl and allow to cool (it must not be warm).
- Combine sugar, vinegar and salt in the small bowl, then stir the mixture into the rice.
- Place one nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a bamboo mat (or baking paper). Make sure
the longest edge of the nori is at the top of the mat.
- Dip your hands into a small bowl of water (to prevent sticky fingers).
- Spread a quarter of the rice over the bottom two-thirds of the nori sheet, leaving a
small border around the edge.
- Fill the centre with a row of carrot, cucumber and avocado.
- Gently lift the end of the mat closest to you and roll it over the ingredients to enclose.
- Continue rolling the mat forward to make a complete roll. With one hand on top,
gently roll the mat back and forth a few times to make a nice round log.
- Remove from the mat and use a sharp knife to slice the rolls at 1 cm intervals.
- Serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi, if using.