How To Make A Delicious Homemade Cabbage Tortillas
A plate of cabbage tortilla is a go-to if you are looking forward to changing your meal or having a taste of something different. Cabbage is a leafy vegetable like every other in the Brassica family. It is very nutritious, rich in vitamins C and K, and high in dietary fiber. And if you want to lose some weight you will have to make this dish more often.
After making this dish I realize cabbage tastes a lot better aside from salad and thought to make this often, I know you will feel the same after making it. So, I wasn’t sure of what to call this recipe with cabbage but the outcome looked a bit like a Spanish tortilla, feel free to check it out and so I named it after it.
With just a couple of ingredients, you will be on your way to making delicious homemade cabbage tortillas. The taste is just so amazing and a little bit crunchy and it is ready in a few minutes.
Ingredients For Cooking Cabbage Tortillas
- 1/2 Cabbage
- 3 Eggs
- 1 bulb of tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100g of Cheese
- Tomato Sauce
- Spring onions
- Olive oil or any vegetable oil of your choice
- Black pepper (blended)
Preparatory Steps before Making Cabbage Tortillas
- Wash the thoroughly, cut them in half equal size, and keep a piece aside.
- Cut the garlic into smaller sizes and set aside.
- Take half a piece of cabbage, shred it, or slice it into small sizes and pour it all into a medium bowl.
- Slice the tomato into a circle and placed it on a plate.
- In another bowl grate the cheese
- Slice the spring onions into small sizes and placed them in a bowl.
Step-by-step guide In Preparing Cabbage Tortillas
- Boil 3 cups of water or according to the size of your cabbage boil some water that will be enough.
- When the water is boiled, pour the water into the bowl with the cabbage, and with your spatula make sure the cabbage is well soaked in the hot water and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Break the 3 eggs into a big bowl and season it with salt, chopped garlic, and some black pepper and whisk all together for 2 minutes. You can also use 4 eggs if your cabbage is much.
- Using a sieve remove the water from the bowl, leaving the cabbage inside the sieve.
- Pour the cabbage from the sieve into the big bowl or whisked eggs and stir all together, making sure all the cabbage mixes well into the egg.
- Set a big/medium size pan on low heat, pour in some oil, and with a kitchen brush, brush the oil round about the pan and let it mix well. Let it oil heat up for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the cabbage, make spread it around the pan, and give it a smooth surface. Then cook for 5 minutes or when the back is nicely brown.
- After that, flip the cabbage to the other side to fry, you can use another flat surface plate so it doesn’t get ruined. Add more oil at this point if need be.
- While it’s still cooking on low heat, pour in the tomato paste and with the cooking brush spread it around nicely, on that placed the raw sliced tomato, spring onion, and grated cheese and fry all under the lid over low heat for another 5-8 minutes or when you see its ready.
- After that, take the pan out of the heat and pour the cooked cabbage on a round surface and your cabbage tortilla is ready to be served.
With these couple of steps, you are just ready to have cabbage tortilla on your plate and in your mouth. It is just so yummy and perfect for lunch or dinner. Have you made cabbage tortillas before or have I encouraged you to make some? Ask questions if you have any confusion when making this, and we will be happy to assist.